So, continuing on the video theme – below is the video that the Den 7 cubscouts did for pack 144. Michael Korch took on the directing task for this one and did a much better job than my attempt last year. Enjoy!
We just came home from Alicia Likkel’s piano students recital. Below is Jackson playing three pieces including the Harry Potter them and Old MacDonald had to rock. Enjoy!
In mid-September, Jackson and I attended the first cub scout camp out of our career – and it was awesome! We had never been to Blake Island before and this was a great opportunity to get to know the other kids and dads in our pack including the leaders. It was a little wet and windy (welcome to the Pacific Northwest) but the kids had a blast, the dad’s drank coffee, we all built fires and participated in lots of fun events.
Highlights of the weekend included:
- Packing up all of our gear in a couple of backpacks and a wagon
- Meeting all the other kids and dads at the Pier to go on the boat
- Running around on the beach with the other kids
- Building camp fires
- Creating and practicing a Den 7 cheer
- Creating and performing a Den 7 skit (the ugliest Cub Scout in the World!). Jackson was the barker on this skit and it was hilarious
- Getting the whittling chip (safety training) so that Jackson can have a pocket knife and know how to use it safely.
- Pack camp fire when the Akila from the future showed up to talk to us
- Getting our Bobcat badge
- Getting a sea otter badge by going swimming in the sound – both son and dad had to do it!
- Learning how to cook salmon Native American style (on sticks, butterflied over a smoldering fire)
Below are pictures from the weekend. Click on the images to get a full screen slideshow. Enjoy!
I took some pictures and a video of Jackson playing T-Ball last weekend. We have had a blast learning baseball this year and all of the kids have goThis is our first attempt at posting a video to the site – enjoy!
Link to a Video of the Swing and Run