VP of MARKETING, Sigma IQ, (1/19 – current)
Launching an entirely new Account Reconciliation platform built on machine learning which can implement in one day and match millions of rows of transactions in minutes.
VP of MARKETING & ANALYTICS, Tomorrow.me (9/17 – 12/18)
Launched new mobile app for creating a will, trust and life insurance. Built up acquisition program including organic search, PR efforts, content marketing, Apple search ads, Google, Facebook and partnerships.
- Generated 100,000 new registered users in first year through organic and optimized media.
- Built the digital marketing and behavioral analytics tech stack for the mobile app, web and web app. Full description of tech stack here.
- Led team to select and launch a Direct Response TV ad and testing program. Final DRTV spot located on YouTube here.
- Hired, trained and managed staff/agencies for social media, customer success, Facebook ad optimization, PR, content and DRTV.
DIRECTOR of DIGITAL INNOVATION, Hacker Agency (4/13 – 9/17)
Supported account team with new integrations of direct response tactics into all digital channels with a specific focus on Mobile, Email, Social, Display, Search and Content. I integrated with the client and business development teams to build direct digital solutions for customer business problems and transactional systems.
- Led team that was first to introduce Cross-Device Targeting & Measurement, Offline to Online Targeting, List Driven Digital and true cross sales channel campaign attribution for our largest client – AT&T.
- Successfully sold in and led digital marketing solutions including paid search, landing page development/testing/optimization, remarketing, mobile, cross-device and email nurturing to our largest healthcare insurance client – Highmark and other current clients in time share and funeral services industries.
- Part of pitch team that successfully sold in Hacker to several new clients including Progressive Insurance and eHealth
DIRECTOR of DIGITAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS, Optify (4/09 – 3/13)
- Established and built professional service organization – hired and trained four employees, established engagement process, customer engagement monitoring and reporting utilizing Salesforce and internal data.
- Directly managed enterprise accounts by providing software training, internet marketing best practice guidance, project management, monthly dashboard reporting and digital marketing process improvement.
- Responsible for growing Microsoft business from two to ten accounts in two years resulting in a 3x increase in revenue, building internal team and managing vendors while creating training and process for succeeding with enterprise accounts.
PRESIDENT/COO, Domain Strategies, Inc. (10/07 – 3/09)
Partnered with Monster Venture Partners to build a domain development business to dramatically increase the value of premium domain names through significant business development on top of category defining domain names. Select domains developed include:
- Wifi.com – A worldwide directory and connection manager for the Wifi platform.
- Tanning.com – A lifestyle portal for smart, healthy tanning.
- Careers.org – A central information and advice portal for advancing your career.
FOUNDER & CHIEF DIGITAL STRATEGIST, Brand Digital, Inc. (12/02 – Current)
Founded Brand Digital, Inc. to assist emerging businesses in utilizing the internet to drive customers and generate revenue. Channels utilized include paid search, search optimization, web media, site optimization, acquisition email, in-house email, web analytics & multi-variant web testing. Select clients include:
- RealNetworks – Manage paid search, search engine optimization and web testing programs
- Avidian Technologies – Created web site and all marketing materials. Assisted in launching Prophet 2004 from $0 to $2 million is sales utilizing search, email, newsletters, affiliates and web media.
- Photoworks.com – Manage paid search, search engine optimization, affiliates and digital strategy.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER – CRM, Amazon.com (11/01 – 12/02)
Developing targeted merchandising strategies and programs to increase the percentage of customers shopping in non-media product lines.
- Creating and testing new ad formats and messages to drive cross-selling efforts.
- Creating a targeted messaging platform for increasing cross category awareness and purchase.
- Building new customer segments based on specific, measurable lifecycle events.
- Designed a strategic framework for predicting and managing customer lifetime value.
- Lead on developing the ability to offer a unique promotion to a unique customer.
SR PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER, Avenue A- A Digital Marketing Company (11/00 – 5/01)
Promoted to focus on integrating product messaging, developing new Group Product Managers, developing internal marketing capabilities and rolling out new Thought Leadership initiatives.
- Launched Vital Signs – an ASP marketing portal – Avenue A’s first site side analysis product.
- Completed e-CRM consulting engagements for clients such as AT&T Wireless.
- Developed strategic marketing plan for new technology division of Avenue A called Atlas DMT.
- Created case studies and other marketing materials to market Avenue A’s value to clients.
PRODUCT MANAGER – ANALYTICS & CONSULTING, Avenue A (4/00-11/00)
Brought on to assess opportunities, develop core capabilities and bring products to market. Specifically;
- Defined, branded and launched Consulting Group to create a revenue stream built on the unique customer behavioral data captured by Avenue A’s technology.
- Created Thought Leadership Program to capitalize on customer behavioral data and knowledge within analytics team. Utilized research program to drive market awareness via publication.
- Re-defined site side analysis product, Vital Signs, to meet business and profitability objectives.
- Created extensive competitive matrix for Avenue A as well as Consulting Group and Vital Signs.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, WON.net – Sierra’s Online Gaming Portal & Community (8/99 – 3/00)
Assumed role as primary relationship manager for business partnerships and consumers. Specifically;
- Developed, managed and executed $3 million marketing budget including eight direct reports.
- Managed acquisition and retention programs to drive 1 million+ unique customers per month.
- Negotiated and managed strategic partnerships with content and service providers including AOL, Sprint-Canada, IGN, Prima, Activision, and Oxygen Media from idea to contract to execution.
PRODUCT MANAGER, World Opponent Network (www.WON.net) (9/97 – 7/99)
Responsible for creating the business plan, securing support and launching WON.net. Specifically;
- Developed the WON.net Brand by overseeing logo and identity creation, defining mission statement and brand goals, communicating the brand and re-enforcing brand values.
- Sold WON.net concept to internal developers, external publishing groups, partners and upper management to gain additional funding and content such as Prima, Gamespot, Imagine Media.
- Hired and managed marketing, promotions and pr team to launch WON.net.
- Developed and Implemented major marketing and promotion programs such sweepstakes, tournaments, contests, print advertising, retail co-marketing and digital advertising.
SUB-COMMANDER OF MARKETING, Sierra – The Largest Publisher of PC Games (8/96 – 8/97)
Responsible for a wide range of product management, research and financial initiatives including:
- Product Manager for non-traditional brands such as Screamin’ 3D Video Board and Software Companion for PalmPilot. Developed marketing plans and strategy documents, educated sales force, created packaging and collateral pieces, directed PR efforts and advertising strategy.
- Created Market Information Group to centralize and improve market research and sales analysis.
- Designed and implemented major brand research to determine awareness, perception and value of the Sierra Brand vies-a-vie other industry brands and individual development brands.
- Directed 1997 budget process for 13+ million dollar marketing budget and nine product groups.
ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIRMAN, Sierra On-Line (1/96 – 8/96)
Worked directly for the company founder to assist in developing business opportunities including:
- Designed and programmed project tracking database to keep key financial, development and marketing information on all projects in development company wide. Included P&L modeling.
- Instituted project accounting in Marketing Department to feed product level P&L models.
- Renegotiated strategy guide contracts to increase both the number of guides produced.
- Build business cases and financial models for a variety of concepts.
GENERAL MANAGER – FINANCE & INFORMATION, Rabanco Recycling (3/94 – 12/95)
Directed accounting and operational information systems to improve managerial decision, customer relations and cash flow. Responsibilities included:
- Created new divisions within company to manage major functions as profit centers such as trucking, vehicle mechanics, millwrights and plant maintenance.
- Restructured Financial Statements to track and more accurately reflect the performance of new divisions as profit centers. Implemented bonus programs for divisional supervisors.
- Reduced per ton operating costs through cross-training, use of flexible labor and reduction of high repair costs on both physical plant and rolling stock.
- Assumed leadership of transfer operations in January of 1995. Responsible for all management aspects of crew of 24 people on three shifts, six days a week.
PROCESS ANALYST – RECYCLING SPECIALIST, Rabanco Recycling (9/91 – 2/94)
Integral part of team that turned around the largest MRF in the Pacific Northwest. Projects include:
- Developed business model and justification for major capital improvements to recycling system.
- Initiated and managed a quality control program to reduce contamination in recycling.
- Assisted in negotiating new recycling contracts with city, county and state agencies.
- Researched, purchased and implemented equipment maintenance and tracking program.
- Created Return to Work programs for employees injured on the job. Resulted in $600,000 annual savings company wide in workers compensation insurance premiums.
- Created and produced marketing materials such as brochures, displays and can stickers.
Masters in Business Administration University of Washington, June 1991
Concentrations: Marketing, Finance and International Business
Bachelor of Arts Trinity University, December 1997
Majors: Economics and History
Exchange Programs in Vienna, Austria (1986) and Copenhagen, Denmark (1990)
Pragmatic Marketing certification (2000)