Wow, what a great Spring Break trip! Instead of going somewhere warm and sunny, we decided to take advantage of the massive snow pack in the West and do some spring skiing in the fabulous Tahoe. We roped ski pals Kim & Andrew plus the Krystad/Frizzell clan (Peter, Shannon, Connor & Emma). We got some great days of skiing in at Northstar (my personal favorite), Kirkwood and Heavenly. There was over 3 feet of snow added right before we got there and while we were there – shear insanity.
Some of the highlights/lowlights included:
- Sunny days of fresh snow skiing at Northstar and Heavenly
- Seeing Bears wander around houses in Stateline
- Many afternoons in the hot springs at David Walley’s Resort (where we stayed)
- Kids fighting zombies at Trapped in Tahoe while adults hung out at the bowling alley next door
- Shannon injuring her shoulder on the last ski day
- Emma eating a massive pretzel at Kirkwood
- Spending time with Ericka, Keat, Adeline and Bro’ Tim in Medford on the way home.