In mid-September, Jackson and I attended the first cub scout camp out of our career – and it was awesome! We had never been to Blake Island before and this was a great opportunity to get to know the other kids and dads in our pack including the leaders. It was a little wet and windy (welcome to the Pacific Northwest) but the kids had a blast, the dad’s drank coffee, we all built fires and participated in lots of fun events.
Highlights of the weekend included:
- Packing up all of our gear in a couple of backpacks and a wagon
- Meeting all the other kids and dads at the Pier to go on the boat
- Running around on the beach with the other kids
- Building camp fires
- Creating and practicing a Den 7 cheer
- Creating and performing a Den 7 skit (the ugliest Cub Scout in the World!). Jackson was the barker on this skit and it was hilarious
- Getting the whittling chip (safety training) so that Jackson can have a pocket knife and know how to use it safely.
- Pack camp fire when the Akila from the future showed up to talk to us
- Getting our Bobcat badge
- Getting a sea otter badge by going swimming in the sound – both son and dad had to do it!
- Learning how to cook salmon Native American style (on sticks, butterflied over a smoldering fire)
Below are pictures from the weekend. Click on the images to get a full screen slideshow. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.